- Bring Your Own Device - we have three classes that are fully implementing BYOD and three other classes that will be starting this week.
- We will have a team of 13 staff members that will be participating in NCTIES conference to increase learning in the classroom. They will bringing back ideas in a variety of formats, stay tuned... The theme is "Imagine" - Congratulations to Rhonda Connor on presenting at the conference!
- Please complete the 2016-17 intent form for next school year, there is also a copy of the document in your mailbox. I am asking that you have the document to me by January 15th with the understanding that this is preliminary plans. *If you would like to schedule a conference, please see me.
- With our third quarter planning days, be sure that the focus is on learning and teaching. This is a great opportunity to focus on "what we want our students to learn". Ashely and/or Alexandria will be a part of the meeting to support the teams in facilitating and dialogue/discussions. Also, be sure to send 4-5 accomplishments from the meeting to Ashley and Alexandria to be shared by the PTA.
- Mid Year PDPs review will need to be conducted by February 12th. You will meet with the administrator that you didn't do your initial meeting. All Mid Year reviews should include a teacher narrative (2-4 sentences) of progress towards
- Thanks to : http://padlet.com/tjshillings21/kco54kwuw9xk (thanks to the staff members that added to this Padlet)
- Congrats to Heather C and her husband Shaun on the arrival of their daughter - Hadley Elizabeth Dee Callahan at 5:57 pm on 12/30 - weighing 7 lbs 4 oz and measuring 20 inches long.
"Teaching content is only the tip of the iceberg of what we do for our students: We: BUILD character, Boost self-confidence, KILL apathy, IGNITE passion, CULTIVATE creativity, PROMOTE perseverance, and FOSTER empathy. WE do so much MORE than what a test score could possibly reflect... Dave and Shelley Burgess, "P is for Pirate Inspirational ABC's For Educator - I is for Iceberg.