F is for Fireworks -- "Light up the skies of your classroom. Add more WONDER and WOW - more BANG and BOOM! Don't just teach a lesson, create an experience. Always ask, 'How can I make this lesson come alive?' Create a place that kids run to get instead of run to leave. Make School Amazing!" -- P is for Pirate
- Mid Year PDPs are in session, be sure to sign up for a review with either Daphne or I -- Mid Year PDP Sign up
- Case 21 assessments are in full force. The purpose is to assist teachers in the planning of their instruction, not to be used as a sole evaluation of an individual student. We will have our data reviews with protocols once the results come back to make instructional plans.
- PTA Planning Days - purpose of these days are to align our instruction to the needs of our students for the following quarter based on data and Common Core Standards. With that goal in mind Ashley and/or Alexandria will be a part of the planning days to support in resource collection or acquisition, Common Core Standards alignment and instructional support. Reminder that Alexandria and Ashley will need 5-6 bulleted items that were achieved in the planning days to be sent to the PTA to provide evidence for the needs of these days.
- Tech Tools affecting students writing -- http://ww2.kqed.org/mindshift/2013/07/16/how-do-tech-tools-affect-the-way-students-write/
- Thank you to the staff members that have signed up for the staff auction as a part of the Winter Carnival. At this time we have 15 prizes, if you would like to sign up - sign up form
- It is great to see all of the great communication via Memberhub and through Twitter. Check out our feed -- @underwoodgt tweets
- Collaboration space is in the works in the media center -- vote on a name ballot.
- Off Their Rockers performers and directors (Melissa, Rachel F, and Karen).
- Ashely and Alexandria in their continued support of our perspective Magnet Parents. Our tours and Open Houses have been very well attended and informative. Thank you staff for opening your doors for our perspective parents. Your classrooms rock!
- MTSS team (Christine, Heather P, Victoria, Cheryl, Charlotte and our coach Victoria Bardsley) our continued discussions about Tier 1 support.
- BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) in all third grade classes!
- Padlet -- Celebrations